bella blvd layout | cookie monster voice

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DSC_8484.jpg

Bella Blvd asked a few team members to post tutorials for them this month, and mine went up yesterday. Laura specifically asked me to reprise my heat embossed chipboard title technique from this post last month where I added a bit of a chevron punch to some plain red letters. I'm not going to go through the whole technique again since I posted it previously, but you can see the new round of photos and instructions here on the Bella Blvd blog.

DSC_9469.jpg

The story behind this layout is something really dear to my heart. You see, ever since my brother and I were little, my Dad has done the absolute best Cookie Monster, Grover, and Yoda impressions. Seriously, he gives Frank Oz a run for his money! When I was visiting my parents for Father's Day I was lucky enough to snap a couple of photos of Dad doing the same voices with Sophie- she couldn't stop giggling, just like my brother and I when we were little. Okay, so I still giggle when Dad does that voice. :)

DSC_8485.jpg

My layout was already looking pretty full with just the photos and the large title in place, so I kept the rest of the embellishment fairly minimal. I trimmed 1/4" off each side of the cardstock background and mounted it on a 12x12 sheet of patterned paper to add just a bit of color to the border, then pulled out my circle punches to add a few touches of patterned paper here and there. I finished it off with a scattering of buttons and small chipboard pieces- not enough to overwhelm the page, but enough to add a little interest.

DSC_8486.jpg

I loved this page so much that it's being entered in the Tennessee State Fair next month- so excited that it's just around the corner!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan