layout | fall magic featuring the dcwv autumn melody stack

Thursday, August 23, 2012

My favorite part of fall has to be without a doubt, hands down, the changing leaf colors- I do love seeing a tree all decked out with blazing red or golden yellow foliage! I was pretty excited, then, when I opened up my box of goodies from Die Cuts With a View a few weeks ago and found the Autumn Melody Stack nestled in amongst the other floral, back to school, and Halloween themed collections. This stack is packed full of gorgeous fall color- reds, yellows, golds, and deep greens- just perfect for scrapping some of those autumn leaf photos I've had waiting in the wings.

DSC_8492.jpg

There's a great variety of prints in this stack- subtle patterns that read like solids, organic motifs arranged in fun graphic patterns, and several pages that have journaling spots and bits of embellishment printed right on the sheet. Several of the semi-solid color pages have a subtle sheet music print mixed in the with the leaf motifs giving a classic touch to the papers.

DSC_8494.jpg

This fall leaf pattern is just fun- love how the leaf clusters are arranged in loose squares.

DSC_8496.jpg

Several of the prints in this stack are inlaid with gold foil accents- a perfect autumn touch!

DSC_8493.jpg

There are also coordinating mat and cardstock stacks for this collection, and the cardstock stacks are available in both 12x12 and 4.5x6.5 sizes with the cardstock mat stack also available in an adhesive backed format that's perfect for use in digital cutters like the Silhouette Cameo. There are solid foil papers in the cardstock stack, too, that are just begging to be cut into embellishments and titles to lend a rich feel to a project.

DSC_8498.jpg

I nearly used a sheet of cream paper from the Autumn Melody cardstock stack for this page, but as I was flipping through the patterned stack this subtle scroll print really jumped out at me. After flipping back and forth on the two for a bit the patterned sheet won (I love papers like this that read like a solid but still add just a little something extra to a page), and soon after that I'd completed the layout below.

DSC_9487.jpg

Oh, and those epoxy stickers? Are from a coordinating embellishment pack for this line, also by DCWV! The pack includes all kinds of little add-ons such as felt, chipboard, layered stickers, and of course epoxy.

DSC_8563.jpg

I added just a few more items from my own supplies to finish this page off- the chipboard alphas and veneer stars are by Studio Calico, and I splattered just a bit of watered down glue above and below the photo and covered it in lose glitter to create a tiny bit of sparkle.

DSC_8564.jpg

DSC_8565.jpg

I've been in several JoAnn stores lately (well, three, to be exact), and I've spotted the complete Autumn Melody line available at each one, along with the Halloween stack, Bewitched, that I'll be sharing a bit more of next week.

Thanks for stopping by- hope you all have a great day!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan