geek girl | august 19, 2012

Sunday, August 19, 2012

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it- Star Wars Celebration VI is this week!! Yes, on Wednesday my happy little self will be Orlando-bound, ready to have a blast for four days with thousands of other Star Wars geeks. My tickets and t-shirt arrived a couple of weeks ago, and I'm almost finished packing everything up! And one of the best parts? My little brother (J, you really need a blog so I can link it up here- haha!) is going this year, too! He'll be there for three days of the fun and is really looking forward to attending for the first time.

I know at least one or two of my readers are going to be there- hopefully I'll run into you on the show floor somewhere! Feel free to Tweet at me or to email...or just look for the crazy girl running around trying to get Timothy Zahn and Aaron Allston to sign her books. :)

Okay, enough CVI geeking for tonight (I will be posting tons of photos after the show, though!)- we've got a lot of other ground to cover!

 

From the top left:

  • If only this Star Wars themed keyboard had an Apple (Command) key!! Check it out at Think Geek.
  • It's official- Lego is releasing a new Star Wars kit in the form of a B-Wing starfighter.
  • Want to throw a Lego Star Wars party for your youngling? Hostess with the Mostess has some great ideas!
  • Speaking of younglings, here's an awesome Legend of Zelda themed nursery
  • What do do with old video game controllers? Why not turn them into office supply organizers!
  • Cupcakes Take the Cake posted a roundup of geeky cupcakes including these fantastic Super Mario themed sweets. 
  • Club Jade scoured Etsy to find lots of fantastic geeky crafts, including this Star Wars dress. They've also got another great Etsy roundup post here.
  • Bit Rebels shared a post full of amazing sand sculptures including R2-D2 and C3PO.
  • Conventions are known for many things, chief among them exclusive items that you won't find elsewhere...unless there are some left over! A few of these Chewbacca messenger bags remained after San Diego Comic Con, and they've turned up over in the Think Geek store.
MTFBWY!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan