layout | we love watching the koi

Thursday, August 2, 2012

DSC_8151.jpg

It's no secret that we visit our local Botanical Gardens. A lot. As in usually at least once a week when the weather is nice (read: my freakishly cold nature doesn't demand that I stay indoors because it isn't at least 90 degrees outside...okay, so that's an exaggeration...kind of). I've scrapped lots of pages about trips to the gardens in general, but lately I've been trying to capture different aspects of the specific things we like to do there. I documented the water gardens a couple of weeks ago in this layout, and now I'm getting even more detailed and concentrating on just the koi pond (well, one of the koi ponds, since there are actually two on the grounds).

DSC_9421.jpg

Can I tell you how much I completely ::heart:: that woodgrain background? It's from Echo Park's This & That: Charming collection, and I adore the way it mimics a hardwood floor- it just seems very Zen. I misted over it using a recently-acquired triangle template (the 6x6 version) by The Crafter's Workshop and a little bit of white Mister Huey- love the effect!

DSC_8154.jpg

Would you believe that a lot of the smaller papers and embellishments on this page are from October Afternoon's 9 to 5 line? Yup, even the flower stickers and brad! I'm learning that this collection is even more versatile than I thought, especially with those awesome B-side patterns.

DSC_8152.jpg

I'm finding that I have more and more photos of everyday things like this to scrap since I started doing Project Life. Instead of getting in the way of my normal scrapping, I think that Project Life has enhanced it by encouraging me to both take more photos and also to stay reasonably caught up on having them edited and printed. And I'm totally good with having some photos in both my regular and Project Life albums. I find that even when there are duplicates, they're usually printed at different sizes or presented with a completely different layout and journaling that help to tell my stories from many different angles.


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan