lawn fawn layout | simply fascinated

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

DSC_8553.jpg

I love the new Dewey Decimal collection by Lawn Fawn, and my absolute favorite part has to be those chunky little letter stickers in the photo above. They're the perfect font- so similar in size to the Sassafras alphas that I still hoard, yet with a completely Lawn Fawn-designed font. And, guess what?!?! There's a green set to go along with the Christmas collection, too! And there are a wonderfully ridiculous number of the letter 'e' on each sheet, so no worries about running out.

DSC_9490.jpg

This layout was up on the Lawn Fawn blog last week as part of the Inspiration Week festivities- it was a lot of fun seeing what the other design team girls came up with for the same paper set!

While Dewey Decimal is quite fall-and-book-themed on the A sides, the B side prints are a great mix of versatile patterns that work well with just about any subject, including a trip the aquarium! Darren is seriously fascinated with both the leafy and weedy sea dragons there, though I can't remember which variety is in this particular set of photos. I think they're the weedy sea dragons, but I'm sure that Darren will come down the hall and tell me as soon as he reads this post. :)

DSC_8554.jpg

I found myself reaching for kraft paper for the background of my page when I started this layout. I've been bouncing between white cardstock and patterned paper backgrounds lately, and my beloved kraft has fallen into disuse. I'd forgotten how much it made colors pop, and I definitely need to remind myself to use it more often from now on.

DSC_8555.jpg

I added just a few white accents to the page- a couple of sections of heat embossed hexagons from the new Interlocking Borders stamp set and just a little bit of white mist over the Circle Graph mask from Studio Calico.

If you've been waiting for them, all of the new Lawn Fawn papers, stamps, and stickers are now in stock at both Simon Says Stamp and Two Peas in a Bucket, so shop away!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan