friday favorites | august 24, 2012

Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy, happy, happy Friday, peeps! I hope you're having a fantastic one! My geeky li'l bro and I are at Star Wars Celebration VI right now, and it's an absolute blast! And, even though I'm immersed in all things Star Wars at the moment (really, you wouldn't believe the costumes!), craftiness isn't far from my mind. In fact, I toted along an Amy Tan Daybook on this trip and hope to work on it this evening after the day's festivities are through.

For those of you who aren't totally geeking out today, I've got some great links for you!

 

From the top left:


  • Making It Lovely posted a guide to mixing patterns in home decor- so many of the same principles could apply to mixing scrapbook papers, as well!
  • I love this gorgeous altered frame, wrapped in Basic Grey papers.
  • Speaking of Daybooks, Leah Farquharson posted a cool instagram album that she made using the Daybook from Amy Tan's Sketchbook collection (which is also the version I brought along on my trip!). Find the post at American Crafts.
  • Betsy Veldman pulled out her stamps and inks to create her own patterned papers inspired by some favorite prints from her stash. I spy more Amy Tangerine Sketchbook paper here, too!
  • This solution of using a grid of tape to help create a balanced floral arrangement- found at The Sweetest Occasion.
  • Learn to make your own honeycomb shelves (yay, hexagons!) at A Beautiful Mess.
  • Two Peas in a Bucket has a great post showing five ways to use washi tape and embossing (together!) on your cards.
  • Also at A Beautiful Mess- love how this old, vintage recipe book was repurposed into a new, usable book!
  • Find a template to make this DIY cupcake stand at Oh Happy Day.
TTFN!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan