geek girl | august 26, 2012

Sunday, August 26, 2012

This very, very tired geek just arrived home from Star Wars Celebration VI! I had an absolute blast, and I've got a little 2,000 photos on the cards in my camera and will be attempting to work my way through them all over the next week or two and then begin posting and sharing them here on the blog (I'm thinking during my usual Saturday personal photo posts) soon after that. Geek Girl will continue as usual, though, so here are this week's picks!

 

From the top left:

  • This incredibly detailed Death Star replica is, believe it or not, sculpted into a ping pong ball!
  • Despite my recent immersion into all things Star Wars, there are a lot of Doctor Who picks this week, too! Starting with this Sonic Screwdriver universal remote that I first spotted at Geeky Gadgets.
  • Club Jade has an excellent Tumblr blog, and while I may not always be able to trace the original source for everything, some bits like these Mad Men inspired Star Wars posters are too good not to share.
  • These 3D TARDIS nails (and many other geeky designs if you click through the link) take nail art to a whole new level.
  • I need my woodworking (and geeky) brother (loved running around CVI with you, J!) to build me a TARDIS kitty playhouse, pronto! (Just kidding, bro- you know there is no space for it in my decidedly not-bigger-on-the-inside house!!)
  • Learn how to turn ordinary pool noodles into lightsabers at Bit Rebels.
  • Hostess With the Mostess posted a fun Lego Ninjago themed birthday party!
  • If pool noodle lightsabers aren't your thing, then perhaps this lightsaber earring how-to at Instructables will be up your alley.
  • I was bummed when I missed the printing of Brandon Peat's Star Wars ABCs book, but I'm super thrilled that all of the illustrations can be viewed on his web site.
MTFBWY!!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan