project life 2011 | may 29 - june 4 {citrus twist}

Monday, December 17, 2012

When you contrast the bright colors of this Project Life weekly layout with this one that I shared two weeks ago, it's hard to believe that they were made using the same kit! The November Project Life kit from Citrus Twist had both a bright and a more neutral side, and I stuck with the more muted tones (mostly the Amy Tangerine Ready. Set. Go. collection) for the layout linked above, while the one below uses lots of Echo Park's For the Record 2 and Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic.

project life 2011 may 29 - june 4.jpg

This is another of my "catch-up" pages from 2011 and includes a summery Memorial Day weekend- a big contrast to our current cold December weather! It was also quite fun to revisit photos of me running the Cotton Row 5K in a Doctor Who t-shirt. :)

DSC_9582.jpg

DSC_9585.jpg

I've noticed that my Project Life album is just about the only scrapbook that I ever pick back up and flip through after adding pages to it. And, yes, I did just admit that I very rarely look back through my scrapbook albums. For me traditional layouts have become a place to play with paper and color and patterns and are more of a creative outlet (so once I've finished making a page, I'm kind of done with it), but Project Life is like a visual diary- it's where the bulk of the memory keeping (the real writing all the little things down side of memory keeping) takes place for me. Both traditional and Project Life scrapbooking have grown to fill two very different niches for me, and I can't see myself ever choosing just one over the other. I'm looking forward to a 2013 that's filled with both!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan