project life 2012 | week 46 {pretty little studio}

Monday, December 24, 2012

I admit that I might have let this particular week in my Project Life album get away from me. There was so much going on during this week that I opted to do inserts (yes, two) instead of using smaller photos or even the more sane option of just one insert. But oh, no, I had to go and include two, and by the end of scrapping this week I was so ready to be done with it!

project life 2012 week 46.jpg

We always have one week in November that looks a lot more like Christmas than fall thanks to both the botanical gardens' Galaxy of Lights and the tree lighting at Bridge Street, both of which happen before Thanksgiving. With such a Christmas-y vibe to the pictures, I decided to use Christmas themed supplies for this spread (I did the same thing with this week in 2011, too) and since Pretty Little Studio's Christmas At Home collection was already on my desk while I worked on other projects, I decided to run with it.

DSC_9622.jpg

This was definitely one busy week- the Galaxy of Lights, working on the floor, working in the yard, the world's most insane trip to IKEA ever (I had to drive to Ohio and back for work in the same day and decided to stop off at IKEA to pick up a kitchen island since it was on the way), the tree lighting at Bridge Street, and Darren's birthday. Phew!

I picked a photo representing each of these for my main pages...

DSC_9623.jpg

And then got crazy with the inserts to go into detail on each. Note to self: next time just print smaller photos and do one page!

There was flooring work...

DSC_9625.jpg

...and a closer look at the Galaxy of Lights...

DSC_9628.jpg

...and more Bridge Street...

DSC_9631.jpg

...and more of D's birthday.

DSC_9633.jpg

I learned that while I do enjoy making my normal Project Life pages, I really don't enjoy making this many inserts each week. I've only done it once before (for my birthday week), and I'd forgotten how much extra time the inserts add!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan