geek girl | december 9, 2012

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hola, geeklings, from a very tired crafter who finished an epic number of projects this weekend and then had to argue with Blogger to get this week's picks roundup collage to upload. But I prevailed and have emerged victorious and all that jazz, and stand ready to bring you this week's best in geek!

 

From the top left:

  • The Etsy shop of PJ McQuade is filled with tons of original Star Wars artwork, including a variety of Christmas cards! I think that the tauntaun catching snowflakes on its tongue is my favorite. :)
  • Lar de Souza is another talented artist specializing in the Galaxy Far, Far Away, and I'm quite in love with this Peanuts Christmas special mashup, available in his shop for just $10!
  • Del Rey has released an excerpt from the upcomingWinner Lose All digital short story (a prequel to Scoundrels) by Timothy Zahn.
  • Matters of Grey is on deck today with our first of two sets of Star Wars snowflake patterns- simply download, print, cut, and enjoy!
  • Paper Crave posted a fantastic list of gift ideas for stargazers, just in case you need some Christmas ideas for the hard-to-shop-for person on your list.
  • 'Tis the season to make anything and everything imaginable out of gingerbread, including an Ewok village and scores of other geeky scenes. Check it out at Bit Rebels.
  • If gingerbread isn't your style, there are always Death Star-shaped chocolate covered cherries
  • This adorable felt Sherlock ornament was crafted by Twitter user House of Darkly (Anne Kirn). Love!
  • Our second round of Star Wars snowflakes this evening hails from Anthony Herrera Designs and includes Chewbacca!
I've got a couple of geeky videos to share before I go, too!

The first is the trailer for the upcoming movie Star Trek: Into Darkness. I confess, I haven't had time to watch this myself yet, but I'm assuming Benedict Cumberbatch's mere presence will being my opinion of the franchise up a notch or two from the last movie.


And, finally, Portal lovers will enjoy this Lego Portal 2 stop action film.


MTFBWY!







CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan