wrap it up pretty (and sweet!) {pink paislee}

Wednesday, December 19, 2012


Last week my very last project as a member of the Pink Paislee design team posted to their blog. I can't believe how fast the year with them has flown by!

The second annual Countdown to Christmas event has been in progress on the Pink Paislee blog all month long, and for my project featuring the City Sidewalks collection, I chose to go with a gift theme and wrapped up a box of chocolates!

DSC_3877.jpg

You might recognize the tin above if you've been a long-time collector of Prima flowers- I've had it in my scrap room for a number of years (and a number of moves, truth be told) just waiting for a project. It's not often that I hold on to something with the intent of altering it, but this was so pretty and has those awesome closures on the side, and I just couldn't bear to toss it out!

Turns out it was the perfect size to hold a selection of Hershey's nuggets candies, each individually wrapped in a little 1" x 3" strip of patterned paper. I recommend that you buy a larger bag of nuggets that you'll need to fill your box since some of them seem to ::ahem:: disappear during the crafting process...

DSC_3866.jpg

I decorated the lid with some die cuts and chipboard pieces from City Sidewalks along with a doily and a little spray of gold glittered leaves (picked up on clearance after Christmas last year :) ) to finish it off. A bit of glossy accents under the doily is holding everything to the lid quite nicely (though I did use hot glue to hold the leaves down).

DSC_3863.jpg

DSC_3864.jpg

Darren has already asked a couple of times who I'm giving this to, and the truth is I have no idea! I might just have to put it under the tree for him...I think he's been eyeing those chocolates, anyway!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan