quick and easy ornaments with lawn fawn and may arts

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

So last Christmas I really, really wanted to get crafty and just never found made the time for it. This Christmas I decided to make up for that and have been on a bit of an ornament-making binge the last couple of weeks (not to worry- there are still lots of layouts to share, and after Christmas it will be scrapping as normal around here!). I've already shown a glimpse at one of those crafting sessions (in this post) and today I'm back with another that combines fabulous ribbons from May Arts and the Fa la la paper collection from Lawn Fawn.

While I love making ornaments, I'm really not that great with coming up with my own designs. The only thing I came up with this year was a die cut/embellishment cluster on a glittered glass ball (again, in this post), so I went off on Pinterest (of course!) to find something that used ribbon in a creative way and could also be adapted to work with paper. What I found was this post on CeeCee's Creations with a wonderfully simple and elegant design that I instantly fell in love with.

DSC_3840.jpg

My ornaments look much like CeeCee's, except my ribbon was 1.5" wide (hers was 1.25"), so the 2" length that she used was a bit short for these. Instead, I cut lengths of ribbon to 2.5" (May Arts' wire-edged ribbon is perfect for this!) and then cut several paper bits to 1.5" by 2.5" to match. With all of that cut, these took only a matter of minutes to assemble- just thread layers on a head pin (from the beading section at Michaels) and alternate pearls between the layers. Use needle-nose pliers to bend the pin's end to accommodate an ornament hook, tie a bow, and you're done!

DSC_3846.jpg

I think they look like big, dangly Christmas earrings!

DSC_3842.jpg

Be sure to hop over to the Lawn Fawn blog today to check out what the other girls have come up with for this product swap!


Supplies (click on images for product links):




CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan