project life 2012 | week 40 {fancy pants}

Monday, December 10, 2012

I mentioned on Friday that I was a guest designer for Fancy Pants Designs last week, and you know I had to take their stuff out for a spin with Project Life, right? They sent over two collections- Hopscotch and Blissful Blizzard (I'll share traditional layouts made with both of those tomorrow)- and Hopscotch is the line I chose for my Project Life album. I simply love the colors and the patterns- those lovely, usable patterns- in this collection!

project life 2012 week 40.jpg

For such a colorful, fun collection I needed an equally colorful, fun set of photos, and I found them in my Week 40 pictures. This week included sushi, honeycrisp apples, pretty purple onions ready to cook up on the grill (hmmm, I'm seeing a real food focus this week, actually), and also the acquisition of an iPhone 5 and the completion of my scuba diving certification!

DSC_9605.jpg

One of the great things about skipping around and intentionally being a few weeks behind with my Project Life album is that I can look through the weeks that I have printed up and ready to scrap and choose the one with photos that will work best with whatever supplies I want to work with at the time. After nearly a year of working this way I feel zero pressure to be caught up, and in fact I'm still working on some of the weeks out of my 2011 album (granted, I did drop the project for nearly 6 months last year, so I was quite a bit more behind on 2011 than I am on 2012). And in 2013? You're likely to see layouts from 2012 as I finish the year up, from 2011 as I go back and pick up more of those, and of course weeks from 2013 as I print the photos for them and get started on the new year. It's all good!

DSC_9606.jpg

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll be back tomorrow with the other two layouts that I made as part of my guest design gig!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan