project life 2012 | week 33 {citrus twist kits}

Monday, December 3, 2012

Still skipping around in my Project Life album (sharing week 33 today, and I just scrapped 46 yesterday), and still totally good with that! As I've said before, skipping around lets me look at the products I want to use (in this case the November Project Life kit from Citrus Twist) and then choose the week that best matches them, allowing me to use the same process to match up photos and supplies in Project Life as I do for my traditional layouts- yay for using what works for me!

project life 2012 week 33.jpg

This spread covers a week where I was traveling out of town for work, and since I was driving I was able to stop by and visit with my parents both on the way out and on the way back home. During the work week I didn't get my big camera out very much, but I did pop out my iPhone and Instagram quite a bit to document my time on the go. Even on a work trip I try to find fun things to do, interesting places to shop, and little ways to enjoy myself. So fun to have all that documented here! I also included a photo or two that Darren emailed me from home during the week- it was really funny to contrast his version of grocery shopping and mine with side-by-side photos after I'd printed everything up for this page.

DSC_9571.jpg

DSC_9572.jpg

I was amazed at just how far the Citrus Twist Project Life kit stretched as I worked with it during my November guest design spot with them. As I said in this post, I made three full 2-week spreads with just the Project Life kit (and a few embellishments pulled from the main on one of the layouts, which I only did because I was in a mood to mix things up) and still had plenty left over. Even if you're an especially scrappy Project Life-r I can absolutely see this kit stretching to cover an entire month's worth of weekly layouts (have you seen what's usually included? A full 6x6 paper pad, several 12x12 patterned paper and cardstock sheets, pre-cut and/or pre-printed journaling cards like the Studio Calico Handbook cards in November's kit, Project Life-friendly embellishments such as label stickers, phrase stickers, and decorative tape, an exclusive stamp set, and more!). I also love that these kits aren't Project Life specific for the most part and could be used for cards and even regular scrapbooking if you just want a smaller kit than the main or if you're stashbusting like me next year but still want a tiny influx of new product to keep things fresh.

Citrus Twist's Project Life kits for December are already sold out, but Trina has started a wait list for January's kits and is working to up quantities to include as many subscribers as possible. If you're interested, hop over to Citrus Twist to check it out!
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan