fancy pants guest design layouts

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fancy Pants requested three projects for my guest design gig with them last week, one of which had to be a layout, and I decided to continue to give in to my aversion to making cards and altered items (with the exception of the Christmas ornaments I seem to be drawn to this year) and went ahead and made layouts for all three projects. Yesterday I shared the Project Life layout made with the Hopscotch collection, and today I'm back with the two traditional pages that I put together.

I'll start off with Hopscotch again today, and I can't begin to tell you how much I fell in love with this collection while I was working with it. The colors are just gorgeous, and it has the perfect mix of small and larger patterns (some of which are perfect for cutting out to make page accents), and it all works together beautifully.

DSC_9602.jpg

The photo on this page is some lovely bougainvillea that I snapped a photo of on one of the days of our Aruba vacation, and I was quite happy to find that the floral paper in the Hopscotch collection was a perfect match for these pretty flowers.

DSC_3439.jpg

DSC_3440.jpg

DSC_3442.jpg

I didn't realize it at the time, but the photo on my second layout, created with the Fancy Pants Blissful Blizzard collection, was shot a mere six weeks before the picture on the layout above. They couldn't be more polar opposite in feel, though- the one above is sunny and tropical, and the one below was taken while driving to my parents' house during a Christmas Day snowfall.

DSC_9603.jpg

I had a lot of fun with the silver glitter paper included in this line. It was almost too thick for my collection of Martha Stewart snowflake punches to handle (and honestly I think that it would have been too much for some of the more delicate border punches), but I was able to punch a few out to sprinkle across the page.

DSC_3443.jpg

DSC_3445.jpg

DSC_3444.jpg

Many thanks to Fancy Pants for inviting me to guest design with them this month- the collections I got to work with were fantastic!


Supplies (click on images for product links):



CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan